Try Rowing Anytime
You can get started with rowing today! No previous experience is necessary. There are no tryouts. Everyone is welcome.
Our spring season has begun, but it’s not too late to get started with rowing. All high school age students are welcome to come down and hop in a boat. We practice each day, after school, at our boathouse in Newport, KY. Directions are available here. You can learn more on our getting started page.
For more information please contact boy’s coach Greg Hull (firstname.lastname@example.org) or girl’s coach Andy Piepmeier (email@example.com).
2016 Middle School Rowing
CJRC offers week-long summer camps for middle school students. Your child may sign up for one or more camps, and no experience is necessary. Online registration is now available!
Camp Date and Times:
- June 20 - June 25 (10:30 am - 12:30 pm)
- July 5 - July 11 (10:30 am - 12:30 pm)
- July 18 - July 23 (9:00 am - 11:00 am)
- July 25 - July 30 (9:00 am - 11:00 am)
The team had incredibly exciting post-season racing this year. At the USRowing Youth Nationals in Sarasota, FL, the boy’s lightweight four won gold by 6.6 seconds. A few weeks later, the team competed in the USRowing Club Nationals, held right here in Cincinnati. At this event, the boys and girls won medals in four events – including a gold in the Men’s U19 Four, silver in the Women’s U19 Four, silver in the Men’s U19 Eight, and bronze in the Women’s U17 Four.
Congratulations to everyone who participated in the post-season training and racing. Your commitment to excellence is inspirational to everyone.
2016 Team Schedule
||Cincinnati Indoor Rowing Championship
||Villa Hills, KY
||CJRC Winter Dinner
||Montgomery Inn, Montgomery
||All Rowers and Parents
||vs. Upper Arlington
||Cincinnati HS Invite
||Saratoga Springs, NY
||All Varsity Crews
||Oak Ridge, TN
||All Novice Crews
||Midwest Jr Rowing Championship
||USRowing Youth Nationals
||Mercer Lake, NJ
||Select Varsity Crews
||CJRC Competitive Summer Rowing
||Varsity, Novice, and Alumni are Invited
||CJRC Junior High Summer Rowing
||Any Jr. High Student
Use this link to import the team calendar into your smart phone or computer.
Support CJRC When You Shop
Register your Kroger Plus Card on line, and CJRC will get a donation from Kroger every time you buy groceries.
- Visit www.krogercommunityrewards.com. Be sure to have your Kroger Plus Card handy.
- Click on Sign In. If you are a new online customer, click CREATE AN ACCOUNT.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering your email address, and creating a login and password.
- You will get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on LOG IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on COMMUNITY REWARDS tab at the bottom of the page.
- Click Edit Kroger Community Rewards information entering your address.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter our NPO number: 83387.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, make sure you see CJRC’s name in the Community Rewards tab.
Purchases will not count for CJRC until after your card is registered. If you use your phone number at the register, call: 1-800-576-4377 to find out your Kroger Plus Card number.
Kroger Plus Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to the registered card when shopping for purchases to count.
We are progressing on the boathouse expansion. O'Rourke construction has completed modifications to the property around the existing boathouse and parking lots to accomodate the expansion. Fund-Raising efforts for the building itself will begin soon!
The expanded boathouse will feature 3 additional bays on the southside of the building, effectively doubling storage space. There will also be an erg loft facing the river on the west side of the building. This climate controlled area can be used to train in inclement weather.